Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Winter PonyBytes Photo Fun Show
(12-12-2020, 05:41 PM)starfroggie Wrote: Also it doesn't seem to be keeping what I type in to the description field when I am in the process of editing and copying over - so it seems the description field has to be saved from MyGallery view and whatever is in there at the time that I hit edit is what stays when I enter the copy into a show. Hmmm

So here is what is going on, when you hit the "Copy" button, the page is ignoring anything additional you have typed in, even though the description field appears to be editable. All it is doing is working on copying the existing information and photo over. In other words, you cannot edit the Description at the same time you are copying the photo to another location. I will put this on my list of things for the developer to address. Smile

I would suggest that you do it this way instead:

1) Edit the description field first and then click "Edit Picture" to save your changes
2) Then copy the picture over using the "Copy Item" link

Does that help? If you need more help, just give me a holler!! Smile
e l i z a b e t h
unioncroft.com
the shop is open!
(12-12-2020, 06:03 PM)elizabeth Wrote:
Quote:And how do I view the table that shows up that is generated by this code? I haven't been able to figure that out yet.

Sure no problem. Go up to the topmost menu, click "Reports" and then click "MY ITEM NOS." Just an FYI, if you are not logged in to PonyBytes at the time you look at this report, or if there are no photos with item numbers, the system will give you a smart-aleck response ("I got nothin toots...").

Great, thank you! I hadn't tried those other buttons LOL
(12-12-2020, 06:24 PM)starfroggie Wrote: Great, thank you! I hadn't tried those other buttons LOL

Not at all, please let me know if you need anything else. Smile
e l i z a b e t h
unioncroft.com
the shop is open!
I'm probably just missing this, but where do we save our edits to a photo description in the show gallery?
Sure Zoe, give me a link to a photo so I can see what you're trying to do. Smile
e l i z a b e t h
unioncroft.com
the shop is open!
(12-13-2020, 03:27 PM)elizabeth Wrote: Sure Zoe, give me a link to a photo so I can see what you're trying to do. Smile

I actually don't have one that needs editingĀ at the moment, a few minutes after I posted I decided that it was probably just easiest to delete the photo and start over. But what I was trying to fix was that I had accidentally typed Name* instead of NAME*.
(12-13-2020, 04:41 PM)ZoeParkerB Wrote:
(12-13-2020, 03:27 PM)elizabeth Wrote: Sure Zoe, give me a link to a photo so I can see what you're trying to do. Smile

I actually don't have one that needs editingĀ at the moment, a few minutes after I posted I decided that it was probably just easiest to delete the photo and start over. But what I was trying to fix was that I had accidentally typed Name* instead of NAME*.

Okay so if it's in the show, you go to the image in the show. Then you click the "Edit" link above or below the image, and then finally the "Edit File" button. I've attached some screen-caps below to help you find these in case that's the problem. Does that answer your Q? If not please let me know. Smile
e l i z a b e t h
unioncroft.com
the shop is open!
Also I should mention that once the show is closed for jduging, you will not be able to edit the photo text anymore.

And if you were editing your pix in MyGallery thinking that would also show up in the Show copy, it won't. Each copy is independent of the other.
e l i z a b e t h
unioncroft.com
the shop is open!
(12-13-2020, 05:07 PM)elizabeth Wrote: Also I should mention that once the show is closed for jduging, you will not be able to edit the photo text anymore.

And if you were editing your pix in MyGallery thinking that would also show up in the Show copy, it won't. Each copy is independent of the other.

That is really helpful, but I was wondering how to save those changes.
(12-13-2020, 06:47 PM)ZoeParkerB Wrote:
(12-13-2020, 05:07 PM)elizabeth Wrote: Also I should mention that once the show is closed for jduging, you will not be able to edit the photo text anymore.

That is really helpful, but I was wondering how to save those changes.

Answered in the post just before: https://www.ponybytes.com/forum/showthre...d=81#pid81

But maybe I didn't understand your question?
e l i z a b e t h
unioncroft.com
the shop is open!